Saturday 6 June 2009

Torn Recycled Paper Rose ATC

Here I go again, had this idea and it had to be tried so this is the result of my idea to make a torn paper rose in antique pink.

The rose is just layers of torn magazine paper which i have played with, rolled,painted and then glossed with a little deep mica pigment for accent

The background is acrylic layers and crackle glaze in pale dirtied pink and pale dirtied blue
I then distressed more by pulling away bits around the edge

The image is one of my own collection and the butterfly is a tiny enamel pale pink one from a broken necklace i recycled

The whole thing including the base card is recycled products ( cept the image which i had printed ages ago )

12 comments:

Sandra Wright. said...

Oh June,how clever are you. Your Rose is gorgeous,such patience too, a beautiful card.

Hugs Sandie x

cheryl said...

oh hun another stunning atc love it loads hugs cheryl xxxxxxxx

Fliss said...

This is absolutely gorgeous June. A very clever idea. Glad to see you're recycling too. My next technique will be covering that I think as I loved doing my recycled atcs for Larrie's last swap.
Fliss xx

Karen Valentine said...

Hi June! So good to hear from you. I love your ATC. I love everything about it. AND I love the Dream Gothic arch below it. You do such beautiful work. It's always a pleasure to come and visit!


Karen

jackiescrafts said...

June this is gorgeous, I love that rose

Max said...

Oh My ... what a pretty Flower Fairy ATC you have created.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx

Stef H said...

wow! this is gorgeous. not only is the rose gorgeous but i love the whole layout. just beautiful.

hugs

Sandy said...

Wow June this is unbelievable. Stunning piece. Love them.

Martina said...

This is stunning ! Love your mix of images, textures and colours!
It's a pleasure to visit and to see what you've been creating.

Genie said...

Beautiful work June

sam21ski said...

Love your torn flower, it looks fab xxx

MayJay said...

absolutely stunning June. I love your imagination. You have tons of it, spare a bit for me? I wish I had half your inspirational ideas.
Hope all is well with you my dear friend.xxx