Wednesday 5 May 2010

Gorgeous art gift and a new card for sir stampalot

 Look what I got in a postmans surprise package today .... Ohhhhh it is so gorgeous. My lovely blogging friend Ann (flutterbycrafter ) made this gorgeous art hanger which is exquisite, the details,metalwork and colours are awesome. and just look at the gorgeous metal embossed bird !! What a clever lady and what a lovely thoughtful friend. thanks so much Ann :)


Also today I made something for the  Sir Stampalot challenge for May.....
Blossoms and butterflies ... Inspired me to make a card using recycled cardboard which i coated twice in white acrylic paints then used some  Tim Holz antique linen distress ink around the torn edges and added some embossing in holographic sparkle just for that added interest ( doesnt show well in photo though ) Also I did the same around a pretty torn paper and added it to a card which i stamped with paper artsy letters using a darker distress ink. I stamped the image  with saddle brown stazon and antique linen distress ink onto a square of paper and added some roses and metal butterfly which are both secured with hot glue








Don't forget to visit my other blogs: Dezinaworld & Art Freebies

12 comments:

Crissi Harvey said...

oh wow what a lovely gift so beautiful. your card is stunning june love the vintage colours

sam21ski said...

Fab stuff June xxx

Lorraine said...

love all the textures on this metal creation..its fab

Martina said...

This is awesome, June! I'm just amazed at your creativity and your creations :) BRAVO

jackiescrafts said...

Wow your work is gorgeous June and what a fab gift to receive too

I hope you are ok my friend and the latest meds are helping

Hugs Jackie x

Lynne said...

What a fabulous gift. Love your vintage look card. Lynne xx

cheryl said...

wow what a great gift hun and so love your card hun brilliant hugs cheryl xxxx

Stef H said...

these are both gorgeous! wow!

Julia said...

I love the card! What a great composition and the paper roses are awesome!

Liz said...

Love the card and a beauty of a gift too June Lucky u

Liz x

Debs said...

Lucky you! The gift from your friend is yummy scrumptious!!! It's inspired me to get going on a project I've been wanting to re-visit and complete.
Your card is fab too... I love the Distress Inks and have just invested in a half dozen to play with!
Best wishes,
Debs:)

Betty said...

Wow June what a great gift love it, and your card is fab too.
Hugs Betty x x